It's been a while since my last post, and because I'm seriously procrastinating getting some PTA paperwork done I think I will give a quick up date as to what is going on in our lives. I can't even remember the last time I did this so I'm starting with the beginning of the school year which honestly feels like started 6 months ago! These past few months I don't think I am going to remember with warm fuzzy memories-just saying. I was so excited when the school year started, had so many plans and then it almost fell completely apart. I had two key board members resign just before school started one of those being my fundraiser. Being a PTA president is a full time job, I do work 40 hours a week sometimes and to have the burden of fundraising was almost too much for me. Plus our executive board is almost brand new with most having little to non PTA experience I found myself training people in positions I have never had, the tool kit became my bible!
We also found out during this time we would be moving, this came at the worst possible time of year for us. From mid summer to fall is what I like to call "Fair" season, that means Justin is literally working 80+ hours a week and no I'm not exaggerating. While it was a very stressful time for us and not the ideal time of year to move it was a huge blessing that we were offered the home we are renting now. Looking back it was definitely one of those times that I don't know how we managed to survive. Justin moved almost all of our stuff after he would get off work at midnight. He then would stay up to 2 a.m. moving boxes and furniture to the new place. The only way we were able to pull it off was with the help of good friends Joe came over a few times after work to help move a couch or two. The neighbors probably thought we were crazy rolling a freezer down the street in the middle of the night! I had two wonderful friends come over one morning. They packed up my old kitchen then came to the new house and unpacked it the same day. We have been in the new place just a bit over a month and I love it, I'm almost all the way unpacked I just have a few pictures to hang up!
Now that we are more settled I'm hoping to fall into a routine again (keeping my fingers crossed!) The girls are doing well in school and are happy. Jenna decided to do another year of girls scouts and is now a Brownie. She is also participating in a Lego First League, it is a program designed for girls to teach them engineering skills. They build amazing robots and structures that have motors and moving parts out of Legos. The girls have to use math and critical thinking skills to finish each project then they have to present an oral report to judges detailing their thought process and conclusions that they made. Last week they made a "swing" ride like the kind you find in amusement parks complete with little Lego people taking a ride! She has also decided to swim again so starting next month she will be taking weekly swimming lessons.
Kayla has been anxiously waiting two years for her turn to be a girl scout and is more than thrilled that she is finally old enough to join! She is loving being a new Daisy! She has also started taking a ballet/tap class and her first performance is this Christmas.
Although the fair is over Justin is still really busy, he is getting his staff ready for the upcoming shopping season. Also he has been called to the Young Men's Presidency as the secretary not too much of a change from teaching the young men but now he helps out on Tuesday nights more. He also has really stepped up these past few weeks helping me out, there is no way could I do what I do without him.
Although I am busier now than I think I have ever been in my life I love it, I love being a mom. That I can be on campus with my girls the whole day is a huge blessing. I enjoy taking them to G.S., dance class and on their little play dates. My only sadness I feel is that I miss our extended family a lot. So I'm really happy that once again we will have a houseful for Thanksgiving! We are so blessed to have our dearest friends feast with us, along with my parents and Chad. We will forgive Anthony for missing this year, he is going to Idaho with his new girl friend so he is excused this one time:) Happy times to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment