Today has been one of those hard "mom" days. I won't go into a lot of detail lets just say when you freak out over your kids asking you to open a can of mandarin oranges you know it's time to take a step back and breath. I called Justin, he reminded me not everything has to be done today. I decided to take a break from packing, cleaning and laundry. When I logged onto my computer this article was the first thing on my browser. I feel like I'm failing a lot, I never get everything done in a day that I want too, I'm short tempered with my kids, and I lack patience. As I read this I started to think of all the positive stuff I do with and for my girls, and I started thinking about all the good qualities my girls have and decided right now I need to be more sensitive to their little needs. I forget that moving may be hard on them, and while not much is changing (we are just moving a few houses down) their world is still being turned upside down. I shouldn't get so upset when Kayla empties out the donation box for the 4th time in a row, to her they are still her toys. And Jenna my little pack rat is having a really hard time deciding what to take and what to donate. I almost feel bad about this, but they have so many toys and I'm just worn out of keeping them all organized! Needless to say this article gave me hope and made me feel better when I needed it most. I'm sure most mom's have days like mine so I thought I would share, maybe it will lift someone else spirits like it did mine:)
http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.com/2012/08/dear-sweet-mom-who-feels-like-she-is.html
No comments:
Post a Comment