For a little while last year I struggled with finding contentment with life. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I read other peoples blogs I am sometimes left feeling like my life is not all that great. Let's face it we all in some small way want our kids to be these amazing prodigies that are the best at everything...and well reading about others kids who are 5 and can read at a 6th grade level, get 100% on a spelling test without batting an eye and who everything just comes easy, it gets to be a little hard. Don't get me wrong I think my kids are amazing! I am so proud of how well they do, especially Jenna. She has to work hard to earn good grades. We spend hours a week studying so yes I am so proud of her, that through hard work she is right where a 1st grade girl should be!
I am happy to be in a much better place now, I find that now I can read all my friends and family blogs with contentment and happiness. They have their own trials that I don't and would never want, so yes I'm happy with the good life I have been given! I found this quote the other day and I fell in love with it so I thought I would share, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do:)
“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey…delays…sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling burst of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
Just a thought, I'm not saying all those super smart kids don't work hard. I'm sure they do and I'm happy that I have so many friends who are great parents you should be proud of your kids and show off all their great talents!
ReplyDelete