blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Good Life With Disney

Three years ago this month we moved to Southern California, and while I willingly agreed to move I did make one demand....Disneyland passes! The first time we took our girls I cried as I walked through those gates! I'm sure not too many of you know this, but to this day even though we go often I still get rather emotional! Yup if you look close you may see a tear falling. Um yeah I'm that weird, but I have my reasons! 1st I can not express how grateful I am that we are in a position to buy passes. 2nd I'm still a little bit in awe that we actually live in Southern California and that we can just go to Disneyland pretty much whenever we want. 3rd walking through those gates transforms me back into a child, all of a sudden the world is magical and anything is possible. 4th I'm with my girls and to see the looks on their faces and the excitement in their little eyes is truly priceless!

One of the benefits of visiting Disneyland so much is for whatever reason we seem to end up there when they are filming commercials, we have now seen them film 5 times.

On this day they were filming Mickey's new Soundsational parade
But my most favorite commercial and the inspiration behind this post is this one...


That commercial is my favorite! For me it captures all the feelings that I feel while I'm at Disneyland with my girls. I also love it because on the day it was filmed was one of the best days we have ever had a Disneyland. The park was closing really early, so not too many people were there. Actually it felt almost empty. We walked onto all the rides, we watched the ducks, we explored Tom Sawyers Island, we window shopped, the girls meet Pinocchio and Gepetto for the first time, and we took a nice long break and ate dinner while watching them film. Actually every corner we came too we would run into the film crew. It is fun to watch the filming, the actors and all the people who "make" it happen!

I know Disneyland isn't for everyone, but for me it has become a place where I can transform back into a kid and along side my girls dream of magical places and play pretend in lands far far away! Here are just a few of our favorite "Good Life With Disney" moments













I would say we don't just have a good life, it's a great life and I LOVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment