blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthday season has ended!

I like to call the time between Feb. and April birthday season for our family. It starts with mine on Feb 13 and ends with Justin's on April 24, along with our girls we have parents, grandparents and a nephews birthday all falling within that time. It is kinda nice to get them all done and out of the way for the rest of the year, but by the time Justin's comes around, I'm pooped, and tired of eating cake. This year for Justin's b-day we first had the girls make him a cake (I'm always tired of making cute cakes by the time Justin's b-day comes around) and they had to decorate the house for their daddy, I love seeing how excited my kid's get for mine and Justin's birthday's I think they like them as much as they do their own! After having a "little family" party for Justin we headed to Long Beach for the day, we ate a yummy lunch on the pier, went on a walk along the shore across from the Queen Mary, then went to a mellow drama theater and had a fun time watching Robin Hoodwinked! After we hung out with Joe and Kristien, always fun times seeing them! The whole day I kept thinking how surreal it is that I live close enough to drive to Long Beach for a day trip! I love the ocean and it put's me in a mood of total tranquility! Now that "birthday season" is done and over with it's time to start focusing on getting a few projects done that I have put on hold. I'm going to attempt re-finishing an end table and a really cool roller desk that Kristien gave me (Thank you, thank you, thank you!) I have recently started making my own bread and rolls, it is a learning process but I'm rather enjoying baking from scratch! I also have a new calling to keep me busy, I'm in young womans and I'm so excited, I have always loved young womans and am looking forward to serving once again!

2 comments:

  1. It is so good to see you so happy again. Keep it up my friend.
    Kristien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristien, and I too am happy that we are making this crazy journey together!

    ReplyDelete