2nd Jenna. As I was putting her to bed she asked why some people have less money now than a little while ago (her wording) she must have heard us talking about the economy. So after explaining to her that jobs are a little harder to come by now, and that a lot of people make less money than they used too. She asked if tomorrow she could take all the money out of her piggy bank and go to all our neighbors houses and ask if they are poor and if they are she will give them her money. Now that brought tears to my eyes because yesterday she counted out her money to see how close she was to buying a Rapunzel dress from Disneyland. I used this little moment to teach about welfare and helping the poor. I told her if she really wanted to help she could contribute a small part of her allowance to fast offerings and explained to her how that money goes directly to people who need food and help paying their bills....she enthusiastically said yes and asked how much do they need! I just love these small teaching moments that happen spontaneously:)
No comments:
Post a Comment