I'm not big on posting all my drama on FB. I really don't like to hear people whine on FB. I often find myself thinking suck it up and get over it. I just don't think posting negative feelings ever portrays yourself in a good light. Yes I know I have done this very thing a time or two, but I really try hard not to put those feelings out in the cyber world.
That said I realize that posting only the positive happy things in my life may give the illusion that my world is perfect, that we are just happy people going to Disneyland all the time and soaking up sun at the beach!
The truth of it is my life is a crazy chaotic roller coaster! This is my own fault of course! So to reassure you all that I'm not perfect (I laughed when someone told me that!) I decided to put her and everyones mind at ease and share some of my imperfections...so enjoy!
I'm not that great at making sure clothes, shoes, lunches are put out/made the night before school, you will often find me yelling and frantically searching for a missing shoe while shouting "How hard can it be! you come home, you take off your shoe, you put it on the shoe rack" I find I don't have a clue what to pack for snack time 1 minute before we are to leave for school, so my kids end up having odd things packed in their lunch bag. We are often searching for "matching" clean socks in the sock basket that holds most of our socks, it maybe gets matched and folded once a month (thank you btw to Little Mismatched you have truly made my life much easier!). I will wait till I have 12 loads of laundry to do before doing it. Yes I will wash one pair of pants just because nothing is sorted, it's 11pm at night and I just remembered my husband has nothing to wear the next day...I see the gasp of horror on your face at such waste! My house does get deep cleaned once a week and everything will be put away in it's proper place, but you come over a hour after I finish and you would never know! I don't always pick up the toys before my kids go to bed. I often leave dishes in my sink overnight. I'm horrible at planning menu's and find I'm constantly going to the store at 4pm to pick up chicken...and yes I have a freezer full them but well they are frozen and I have this whole thing about defrosting meat in the microwave (ya I probably could use some therapy over that) and well my list could go on, and on.
To tell the absolute truth I don't always feel like going to soccer games or helping out at the school. I hate homework and I become very grumpy while helping with it, thank goodness the kids have Justin because he is way better at homework than I am. He is patient and kind and I am yelling "what do you mean is that a 15??? we have been working on 15 all night!!!!!!"
And while I love my kids dearly and think they are wonderful they are not perfect, but I don't need them to be perfect or the best at everything. If they put forth their best effort and try their hardest then I am happy....heck I'm happy even if they don't I mean we all get lazy sometimes!!!
So if you read my super happy post about how much fun we are having and how great our life is know this
1. I blog about happy things because this is becoming my journal and I want to remember the happy times.
2.I know my kids will remember me being grumpy but maybe they will look back on these post and it will help them to remember that the good truly out weighed the bad.
3. I'm not always naturally happy person, it is something that I have to work at. I do have mornings when I force myself out of bed so sometimes when I'm struggling the most at working on happiness I write down all the good things in my life, it lifts me up, helps me to remember all the wonderful blessings I have been given and gives me the motivation to try harder the next day!
Yup this is me in a nut shell, don't believe me go talk to my neighbor she can vouch for me...I'm sure she hears our craziness on a daily basis!
But to sum things up I do have to say I love my crazy life, I may get overwhelmed and yell, but there is a whole lot of love in our home, we show kindness and gratitude for each other, we say sorry, we work hard together, play hard together, are always there for each other, but most importantly we say I love you to each other and really that's all we need!
It's really creepy that you just blogged about my life. Almost to a T. I would so rather buy chicken instead of defrosting it. Brett always has to do the defrosting and cutting. And I have NEVER put anything out for school the night before. And I also make sure the kids only wear flip flops because socks SUCK! Haha! I think you're perfect in your imperfection. Love this post!!
ReplyDelete