blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Worries of a Mother

By nature I am a worrier, I thought that the excessive worrying and anxiety I felt while pregnant would end once I gave birth to my beautiful children, I was so very wrong! Everyday I worry over them. Are they happy, are they healthy, did they get their full serving of veggies and fruit, are they making friends, are the other kids being nice? I could go on and on!!! I know they must fall and get hurt, but every hurt they suffer I suffer and I think it is hurting me more than them! I hate to see my children sad it truly breaks my heart especially when I cannot fix what is hurting. I know I have a tender heart and so does Jenna she get's her feelings hurt so easily and while you think I would know how to comfort her little hurts of the heart it seems I cannot fix them all the time and I hate that! I do know the words I speak and the love that is behind those words will always stay with her and I pray that when she is hurting the worst she will know beyond a doubt that her mom loves her and would do anything for her!
No one tells you before you have kids how much your heart will ache with unconditional love and how much worry you will feel for them, I guess no words can describe such emotion! I now know that the worry of a mother begins at conception and will go on forever! My grandpa told me once he thought he would stop worrying about his kids once they grew up and left home, but once they left home is when he realized what it felt like to truly worry! I think for now I just need to stop and breath have faith that all my love will be enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment